Washington and Lee University is committed to providing equal access to educational opportunities to qualified students with physical or mental disabilities and reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with physical or mental disabilities, in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The University is also committed to ensuring that all individuals have access to information and information technology associated with administration and services, courses of instruction, departmental programs, and University-sponsored activities.
By following design standards, acquiring appropriate hardware and software, and improving the technical environment, the University sustains and improves access and services to students, faculty, staff and visitors--including those with disabilities-- and makes W&L websites, information and services accessible to the widest possible audience.
This site includes content in the following categories:
- Undergraduate Accommodations: Information for undergraduate students requiring requiring disability accommodations.
- Law Accommodations: Information for law students requiring disability accommodations.
- Employee Accommodations: Information for employees requiring disability accommodations.
- Web Accessibility: Regulations, tutorials, recommendations and evaluation tools for making accessible websites.
- Document Accessibility: Recommendations and tutorials for making accessible documents and forms using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe PDF and the University's Forms Builder.